Adam M. CooperMember
Adam’s practice focuses on real estate finance and securitization matters. He has represented a government-sponsored entity in its capacity as mortgage loan seller in numerous securitization transactions with a focus on representations and warranties and related matters. He has also represented a government-sponsored entity in connection with the sale of mortgage loans to whole loan investment funds. Adam also has extensive experience in mortgage loan origination including structured finance transactions and revolving credit facilities.
Prior to joining Reiferson Dee PLC, Adam practiced at Reed Smith LLP in the firm’s Financial Industry Group, representing institutional lenders in commercial real estate transactions. His work included origination of construction, acquisition and refinance loans for a variety of property classes, including condominiums, medical facilities and office buildings. His representation of institutional lenders also included loan restructuring, forbearance, settlement agreements and debtor-in-possession credit facilities.
- Represented government-sponsored entity in connection with securitization of multifamily mortgage loans.
- Represented government-sponsored entity in connection with sale of mortgage loans to whole loan investment funds.
- Represented government-sponsored entity in connection with revolving credit facilities, including collateral additions and facility expansions.
- Performed due diligence and loan documentation on behalf of institutional lender to facilitate acquisition financing of a large portfolio of medical properties.
- Restructured distressed franchise finance loans on behalf of financial services lender through debtor-in-possession credit facility, forbearance, loan modification, reservation-of-rights letters and settlement agreements.
- Conducted legal diligence on behalf of investment firm for purchase of asset-backed loans intended for inclusion in a distressed debt fund.