Drew S. ReifersonMember
Drew’s practice focuses on the representation of government sponsored entities, institutional lenders and banks as national counsel in commercial real estate finance, structured finance and securitization, involving multifamily and commercial real property and ground leases, including hotels, shopping centers, retail condominiums, assisted living facilities, office buildings, low income housing and mixed use properties. He also represents national loan servicers on matters involving, among other things, defeasance, loan assumptions, transfers of equity interests and loan workouts. Drew is a member of the firm’s Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Creditor’s Rights practice group focused on transactional insolvency matters.
Previously, Drew was a partner at the law firm of Kaufman & Canoles, P.C. in the firm’s real estate finance section and the lender representation practice group in Virginia, and a partner in the finance section in the law firm of Troutman Sanders LLP in its Richmond, Virginia office.
- Represents the leading issuer of agency-guaranteed structured multifamily securities and other lenders in connection with both the structuring of bankruptcy remote originations and the review, negotiation and ultimate approval of non-consolidation opinions and related loan-level diligence.
- Regularly issues non-consolidation opinions delivered to governments sponsored entities and CMBS lenders.
- Represented government sponsored entity in connection with a $500,000,000.00 credit facility secured by 13 multifamily properties located throughout the United States
- Represented mortgage lender in connection with a $131,000,000.00 fixed rate securitized loan involving reverse 1031 exchanges, HAP contracts and Maryland indemnity deeds of trust
- Represented purchasers of distressed multifamily properties out of bankruptcy on behalf of private equity firms.
- Represented multifamily noteholders on stay relief motions and objections to plan confirmations under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code.