Kourtney T. DiazMember
Kourtney has extensive experience representing government sponsored entities, institutional lenders, and banks in commercial real estate finance transactions. Her practice is primarily focused on complex finance transactions involving multifamily properties, including mixed use developments and seniors housing. Kourtney is a member of the firm’s Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Creditor’s Rights practice group focused on transactional insolvency matters with particularly broad market sector knowledge in structured finance, securitization and commercial real estate. Kourtney has significant experience representing government sponsored entities and banks in various secondary market transactions, including securitization, participation interests and direct transfers of seasoned loans.
Prior to joining Reiferson Dee PLC, Kourtney was a part of Clark Hill’s commercial and real estate finance group and a member of the firm’s talent advisory committee. Kourtney started out as an associate in the real estate and capital markets practice group at McGuireWoods LLP. During law school, Kourtney interned for the Honorable Bernard Markovitz, then sitting as Chief Judge of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
- Represents the leading issuer of agency-guaranteed structured multifamily securities in connection with the review, negotiation and ultimate approval of non-consolidation opinions and related loan-level diligence.
- Regularly issues non-consolidation opinions delivered to governments sponsored entities and CMBS lenders.
- Represents the leading issuer of agency-guaranteed structured multifamily securities in connection with securitization of various mortgage loan products.
- Represented a government sponsored entity in connection with the purchase of a $1.2 billion portfolio consisting of 71 first lien mortgage loans securing properties throughout the Northeast. In addition to numerous jurisdictional issues, the transaction involved certain New Jersey affordable housing restrictions, commercial leases, shared facilities agreements with third party property owners, extensive repairs and substantial zoning and environmental issues.
- Represented a governmental sponsored entity in connection with acquisition of crossed pool of 35 loans secured by seniors housing properties throughout the United States with various operating lease and sub-lease structures based on jurisdictional licensing requirements and issues relating to re-capture of life estate units.
- Borrower’s counsel to public energy company in connection with syndicated finance transactions involving term, revolver and incremental loan structures, each in excess of $500 million.
- Represented public company in acquisition of the real estate assets of a steel company including fee ownership in five states, leaseholds in eight states and various related short-line railroads and rights of way.
- Preparation of numerous opinion letters as local Pennsylvania and/or Florida counsel in various secured and unsecured finance transactions including asset based and cash flow-based transactions, and term, revolver and incremental loan structures.
- Represented purchasers of distressed real estate out of bankruptcy, receivership and other insolvency positions, particularly on behalf of private equity firms